On Friday 14th June, we are hosting an event for Men’s Health Awareness Week where this year we are raising awareness on important health numbers. These important numbers enable men to check their own health and make healthier lifestyle choices and changes.
These important numbers include:
· 37 - a waist size of 37 inches or above puts you at increased of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
· 150 - men should aim for 150 minutes of moderate physical activity a week
· 5 - we should aim to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day.
· 10 - cigarette smokers die 10 years younger on average than non-smokers.
· 120/80 - normal blood pressure.
At Cheswold Park Hospital, our Men’s Health Awareness event on Friday will invite patients and staff members from around the hospital to talk about nutrition and lifestyle choices, and also have an opportunity to join in with exercise activities in the sports hall. Healthy snacks will also be available!
Do you know your numbers?