Become A Cheswold Hero
Support Worker Learning Disability
We are currently looking for exceptional and talented Support Workers with Learning Disability experience to join our expanding team within a forensic independent Hospital.
Our Support Workers look after males with Learning Disabilities and Autism. We work in partnership with the NHS to develop a range of excellent facilities for our patients and staff. Our people are what makes us unique and it is our shared values and beliefs that ensures we provide the best care and environment for our patients and teams to thrive.
Our Support Workers work shifts including days and nights and whilst this can be a challenging environment we offer our Support Workers continuous development whether that is through our extensive induction, internal development opportunities or through career progression as we have a proud history of supporting our colleagues through Nursing degrees or Trainee Nursing Associate Apprenticeships.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of a Support Worker:
- Working with the nursing and multi-disciplinary team to deliver a quality service to patients
- Reporting to the nurse in charge any observations/concerns regarding patient(s) presentation
- Assisting with the provision of recreational and/or therapeutic activities on an individual and/or group basis.
- Promoting patient independence on activities of living and personal choices as far as possible.
- Assisting in ensuring that all clinical documentation/procedures comply with all applicable legislative and statutory requirements.
- Shift patterns are a mix of day and night shifts as we are a 24 hour hospital.
In return we offer our Support Workers the following benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive training packages to assist in the long term progression of your career
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays
- Exclusive discounts and rewards
- Company pension scheme
- Free use of the onsite gym
- Lucrative referral scheme for bringing like-minded people into the organisation
- Free parking
- And much more
Please note: We apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £16,185.00 to £18,037.50 /year